What we believe
Being a congregation within the Presbyterian Church of Victoria we accept the Westminster Confession of Faith as an expression of our understanding of what the Bible teaches. In a nutshell:
- We believe that the Bible is the infallible and the inerrant word of God Almighty – Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that through the Bible and by the particular work of the Holy Spirit our heavenly Father reveals to us all that we are capable of knowing and understanding about Him and His purpose for His creation.
- We believe that God Almighty alone is Sovereign over all and is completely holy being without any sin.
- We believe that all humanity is bound in sin and in desperate need of forgiveness and salvation from the righteous wrath of God; that this salvation and forgiveness are by grace – the Father imputing the sinless life and perfect sacrifice of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ to His elect – through faith in Jesus Christ. This faith itself being a gift from the Father and an evidence of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the biblical way to show our love for Jesus Christ is to obey His commands, to love one another as He loved us and to make disciples whenever we are given the opportunity.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return to judge and that He will bring the current creation to an end before heralding new heavens and a new earth.
What we value
Reflecting our beliefs we have adopted the following values:
- Christ Jesus is the Head of this congregation and His written word, the Bible, is our sole authority.
- Our conduct and worship is biblically based, caring for and understanding the needs of those attending while relating to the community in which we live.
- Our preaching is grounded in and opens the Bible so that believers may grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and so that unbelievers can hear His call to repentance and faith.
- We encourage believers to attend worship services regularly, to be keenly involved in congregation activities and, prayerfully, to consider formal Church membership.
- We encourage regular worshippers to search the Bible and their conscience to calculate their level of regular giving.
- We provide Pray groups, Bible studies, Mentoring and other ministries for those who seek to mature in their faith and to encourage the congregation.
- We develop, implement and regularly assess biblical outreach that enables this congregation total the gospel into the community and to remain in contact with that community.
- We endeavour to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with everyone yet we recognise that, from time to time, our efforts are best directed in specific areas.
- Under God’s sovereignty and providence we maintain a focussed and assessable purpose for this part of Jesus’ church.
If you would like to discuss any of these beliefs or values, please contact us at your earliest opportunity. Thank you.